Frequent Contributor

Customer howto: Using Java RDP with 64-bit Windows 2008 Server

16 REPLIES 16
Respected Contributor

Re: Customer howto: Using Java RDP with 64-bit Windows 2008 Server

thanks, Keith!

Not applicable

If you have any questions feel free to PM me. That's my how-to, it's nothing that special it was just annoying me yesterday and finally found a way to do it Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Rob - welcome to the Juniper Forums and thanks for creating and posting the JAVA-RDP code to you new blog. While Juniper provides access to the HOB RDP (2 licenses) some folks don't want to spend the money and your finding an updated 64Bit RDP client and bringing it forward is greatly appreciated!

I gave a up looking a while back Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I'd like to know if there is a way to mimic the Premier Java RDP client so that we can specify a server name and not prompt the user. It seems the only way to do this is to hard code it in the HTML, is that correct?

Respected Contributor

Not with this applet; you have to set it in the bookmark HTML

Frequent Contributor

Ok, turns out you can do this!

I created a new Terminal Services Resource Profile.

In the applet to use, I chose the Lixia Java RDP Applet.

Then in the HTML section I used the code below:

<HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>JavaRDP</TITLE> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> </HEAD> <BODY> <div id="appletx"> <h2>You may close this window when you are finished with your RDP session...</h2> <SCRIPT> function generateHTML(server) { var html = '<applet code="com.lixia.rdp.applet.RdpApplet.class"'; html += ' codebase="<< CODEBASE >>"'; html += ' archive="JavaRDP2.0-20101111.jar"'; html += ' width="640" height="480"'; html += 'name="ProperJavaRDP" align="center">'; html += '<param name="code" value="com.lixia.rdp.applet.RdpApplet.class">'; html += '<param name="codebase" value="<< CODEBASE >>">'; html += '<param name="archive" value="JavaRDP2.0-20101111.jar">'; html += '<param name="cabbase" value="">'; html += '<param name="name" value="JavaRDP">'; html += '<param name="geometry" value="1024x768">'; html += '<param name="server" value="<< HOST >>">'; html += '<param name="align" value="center">'; html += '<param name="port" value="<<SERVERPORT>>">'; html += '<param name="username" value="<<USERNAME>>">'; html += '<param name="password" value="<<PASSWORD>>">'; html += '<param name="bpp" value="<<COLORDEPTH>>">'; html += '</applet>'; return html; } </SCRIPT> </BODY> </HTML>

Then I went to the bookmark tab and configured the properties. Unfortunetly from what I can tell, the Lixia app only supports a few of them, which I listed below:

From the Resource Page:

Host

Server Port

From the Bookmark Page:

Username

Password

Colordepth

Hope this helps someone else!

John

Respected Contributor

Very cool, thank you for your assistance and note (as well as another applet that can be tried).

New Contributor

I've tried this but whenever I sign in to the SSL page and click the link for my Terminal Server I just get a new page open as attached.

Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong?

I've upload the JavaRDP2.0-20101111.jar as a java app

Regards

Steve

Respected Contributor

Are you seeing the applet window open or just the message there that the window should open?