cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS resolution after Pulse connection

SF_Dan_
Frequent Contributor

DNS resolution after Pulse connection

Recently I upgraded our 6500 SA's from 7.1R2 (build 18193)  to 7.2R4 (build 21697) and Pulse 2.x to Pulse 3.x on clients. Some clients are reporting a weird DNS issue where after they connect to the VPN they cannot resolve DNS for about 30 seconds. I have confirmed this happens as I can occasionally re-create it on a couple of my test systems. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Current Setup:

SA6500

7.2R4 (build 21697)

Pulse (3.0.4.25005)

thanks,

Dan

5 REPLIES 5
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Re: DNS resolution after Pulse connection

When you say "connected" are you basing this on the GUI notification or checking the output of ipconfig? What OS?
I have heard similar reports, but only because the tunnel is not fully established yet (finalizing negotiations).
SF_Dan_
Frequent Contributor

I am basing the "connected" statement on the fact that the Pulse GUI says connected. Will pulse say connected prior to the tunnel being fully established? So far I have only seen it happen on Windows 7

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

It will, in some instances, report connected while completing the negotiation stage, specifically in windows 7, yes.
SF_Dan_
Frequent Contributor

It seems that this is the problem. Happnes on XP also, not just Windows 7. Would this be something to report as a bug?

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Yes, it is something that has been reported and is under investigation for separating the two components of the connection. The first, that users are authorized and have an IP address, and the second is that the data channel has been negotiated, established, and ready to send data.