cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Browser Bar

Occasional Contributor

Disable Browser Bar

Browse Bar feature has been disabled.

When the user login, the browse bar is still shown but when you submit a URL in the text box, it says

the browse bar is disabled.

How to remove the browse bar completely from the user resource page after login?

5 REPLIES 5
Valued Contributor

Re: Disable Browser Bar

Hey WorkerBee - the IVE Browse Bar is not just used to enter in URL's. It is also used as a shortcut bar for entering in other resources. To the best of my knowedge you can't remove it, even though you did disable user Internet browsing.
Occasional Contributor

I created 2 User Groups: Default and PowerUser group

Group property set to merge all.

When a non PowerUser group login, he gets the Default resource page without the browser bar. It is what I expected.

When a PowerUser group login, he gets both the Default + PowerUser resource page but it shows the browser bar.

I am sure I have disabled the browser bar for both groups of users.

I am sure the browse bar can be hidden as shown for Default User Group. It is pretty annoying to have that feature disable and yet it shows up doing nothing.

Occasional Contributor

Anyone has successfully removed the Browser Bar after logged in?
Super Contributor

not trying to state the obvious but have you tried editing the role and unhcheck "Show the browsing toolbar" from the UI settings?

also when you say group you mean ad group or you calling roles as groups

Message Edited by Mrkool on 03-23-2009 09:53 AM
Highlighted
Contributor

right above the check box for Disable Browsing Toolbar reads a message:

"Determine the tools that are available to users when browsing pages not located on the IVE, such as external web sites."

I have not seen a way to remove the bar. This box covers the toolbar shown when viewing another page through the IVE interface.