cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable automatic NetworkConnect install for clients with newer version of NC

cmcnamee_
Not applicable

Disable automatic NetworkConnect install for clients with newer version of NC

My organization is running IVE 6.4R4 on our SA6000s. We have no issues in our current state with the exception of Snow Leopard clients not able to use NetworkConnect with out some hacks made to their systems. I have tested NC v6.5.0 on these systems and it seems to work flawlessly with the single exception that when these clients running NC 6.5 sign-in to our VPN portal via a web browser their newer version of NC is uninstalled and NC 6.4 is installed in its place. I know we can side-step this issue by just launching NC directly, but we use smart cards for authentication so we need to use a web browser to sign into our VPN portal.

Does anyone know if it is possible to disable only the feature on our sa that detects newer versions of NC and uninstalls them while still being able to detect older versions of NC and pushing the upgrade?

Thanks for the help!

2 REPLIES 2
Tessian_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Disable automatic NetworkConnect install for clients with newer version of NC

I'm all sorts of confused on this one... you're saying you're running 6.4R4 but don't want it to install NC 6.4R4 on the client machines??

Remember that Network Connect is, at least for Windows machines (I have no experience with Macs), the only Juniper SSL VPN client software that you can have multiple versions installed. You can have Network Connect 6.4 and 6.5 and 6.2 all installed at once.

So what are you trying to do here again? You want to run 6.4R4 on the IVE, but run 6.5 on the clients?? How did you manage to test that successfully? As far as I know the IVE will force you to install whatever version of software it's running.

Darktan_
Contributor

Re: Disable automatic NetworkConnect install for clients with newer version of NC

I think the issue is 6.4 doesn't work but 6.5 does. Newer client version but running an older version on the IVE. When you log in, the NC version doesn't match and it performs an 'upgrade'. As Tessian said, you should be able to run multiple versions but it might break something in a Mac. I also have no experience in Mac's.

Besides upgrading the IVE, the only other thing I can think of is to disable the automatic upgrade of all clients.

Peace