Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domino Web Access 8.5

meh_
Frequent Contributor

Domino Web Access 8.5

Hi

We have recently upgraded to Lotus Domino 8.5 and now we get random issues when access DWA through Juniper (R6.3R3). The issue appears to be related to the Domino 8.5 plugin that is required to be installed into the browser. It seems not all users get prompted to have this plugin installed (even when they are an administrator) and therefore DWA does not function correctly.

Is anyone using 8.5 through Juniper and/or encountered this problem? Any assistance would be great?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
ruc_
Regular Contributor

Re: Domino Web Access 8.5

I'm not sure if this will fix the plug-in issue you are having however the below settings are required to make Domino 8.5 work via the rewriter engine/SA web access method.

Note: These settings will get auto-populated/created if you upgrade to IVE OS 6.4R2, 6.3R5 and 6.2R6 (once released).

Admin UI > Resource Policies > Web > Active-X Parameter Rewriting Policies > Add New Policy
1. In Class Id Field, add 75AA409D-05F9-4F27-BD53-C7339D4B1D0AÓ and description (optional I think)
2. Under the Parameter section add the belwo 2 params
a. Enter 'General_URL' under param and select the option 'Rewrite URL and response (Static and dynamic HTML)'
b. Enter 'General_ServerName' under param and select the option 'Rewrite hostname (Static and dynamic HTML)'

meh_
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go.

What do these settings do for you and where did you find them?

meh_
Frequent Contributor

I have another issue that I am experiencing since upgrading to Domino 8.5. We use a Webmail Redirection file to redirect people to their mailfile. The is just a bookmark pointing to the particular redirection file. In the old verion (6.5) this worked fine but now in the new version I've lost support for Safari and Firefox browsers. In Safari I get the message that the users mail file cannot be found, and it displays an obscure url which I believe is incorrect. In IE all works fine.

I thought this was an issue with the Webmail redirection file rather than something with Juniper but I have tested this internally (without going through Juniper) and it works fine, so the redirection file is not the problem. It appears to be something Juniper related.

Any assistance would be great?

Thanks

Message Edited by meh on 05-24-2009 11:47 PM
meh_
Frequent Contributor

bump
meh_
Frequent Contributor

I wonder if 6.4R2 may fix some of my Domino issues?