cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive mapping problem

fpalagi_
Occasional Contributor

Drive mapping problem

Hi all, i use some drive mapping with my ssl/vpn connection. I'ive setup following the netapp documentation.

It works fine, but on one machine i get the error 53:network path not found. I use the same map command (net use X: ....) on another computer with the same OS that's Windows XP SP3 with the latest update, the same FW (XP) and AV (AVG) and it work fine. I'm in trouble with this.

Anyone have some idea to help me. (It's the PC of the big boss Smiley Surprised) )

IVE 6.3R2

Thanks

Filippo

9 REPLIES 9
Steffen_
Contributor

Re: Drive mapping problem

Hi,

compare the WINS- and DNS-settings. Maybe the not working one couldn't resolve the name due to wrong WINS (or DNS) entries.

- Steffen

fpalagi_
Occasional Contributor

Hi, thanks for the response. The ip config is the same on 2 machine.

I've also tried to put the name of our sharing server on hosts file but with no result.

Best regards

Filippo

Mrkool_
Super Contributor

are you using the FQDN or the IP of the server and not a short name? i.e. if you are using a server on juniper domain make sure you type the full name of the server net use q: \\abc.juniper.net\share /u:username password

i am thinking it is a DNS suffix issue. try the above command or instead of the FQDN try the ip of the server

haas_
Contributor

Is this over network connect or SAM? I am trying to get SAM to work and having a hell of a time. What is this netapp document you are mentioning?
fpalagi_
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Mrkool, thanks Haas forthe response. I'm not using the FQDN, i send the new command with the FQDN to my boss and ask him to test. I post a reply when test is done.

I'm using WSAM

Oups!Sorry is not Netapp but Juniper document (i mix two provider Smiley Wink)

www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/ive/guides/howtos/How_To_WSAM_for_drive_mapping.pdf

Message Edited by fpalagi on 01-07-2009 05:41 AM
haas_
Contributor

I really wish they would publish a new doc as this one is from 2005 and is a bit hard to follow on new versions such as 6.1

fpalagi_
Occasional Contributor

I've test with the FQDN but with no success. It's a very amazing problem, the same command works on all computer i've tested (XP or Vista) but not on this one. Grrrr!

I told to my boss to leave me his laptop a couple of hours to check him in depth.

I keep you informed

Wyle_
Occasional Contributor

@haas wrote:
Is this over network connect or SAM? I am trying to get SAM to work and having a hell of a time. What is this netapp document you are mentioning?

Haas, make sure when specify the file server in the SAM policy, you use the NetBIOS name instead of IP address. You can also specify the ports (139 & 445). Make sure it is specified in the role and the SAM policies page both.

haas_
Contributor

Another Major problem I am having is I have tried putting the login script that I am trying to run on various dc's, file servers etc and no matter where I put it I run into a login prompt (security) which isn't an option. I have tried everything I can think of for anonymous access to those directories with no luck. Everything is fine if the login script is on the local pc but that of course is un-manageable. We are feeling stumped at this point. So we can hit the server that hold the login script but it always wants credentials.