cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive mapping without Network Connect, Possible???

SOLVED
haas_
Contributor

Drive mapping without Network Connect, Possible???

Is it possible to make a drive mapping to a computer (not the webpage) without using network connect?

Basically I have clients that use full outlook and they keep their archive pst files on other servers k:\otherserver\archive.pst

So I need make it so outlook can hit that. Even using a UNC I belive would be fine.

Currently using a pair of 6500's with 6.1 R5

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Yves_
Occasional Contributor

Re: Drive mapping without Network Connect, Possible???

Yes, you can use WASM, see the documentation:

www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/ive/guides/howtos/How_To_WSAM_for_drive_mapping.pdf

But we try It and we passed 1 month with the JTac, because we encountered two bug with NetBios name look up. The first one will be resolve in 6.4 release and seconde one in a future release.

Yves

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ssl_boy_
Contributor

Hi,

You can do this using the WSAM and the NetBIOS file browsing option, however, this never works very well as the Windows security model doesn't make this easy for anyone. Mapping network driver across VPN (SSL, IPSEC or otherwise) has always sucked for me..

Hope that helps..

Regards

Yves_
Occasional Contributor

Yes, you can use WASM, see the documentation:

www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/ive/guides/howtos/How_To_WSAM_for_drive_mapping.pdf

But we try It and we passed 1 month with the JTac, because we encountered two bug with NetBios name look up. The first one will be resolve in 6.4 release and seconde one in a future release.

Yves

View solution in original post

haas_
Contributor

That works! THANK YOU!!!