cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Data Packets with Network Connect 6.5 , Windows 7 & older routers

New Contributor

Dropped Data Packets with Network Connect 6.5 , Windows 7 & older routers

We are currently pilot testing Windows 7 in our organization and have already seen a number of users that are encountering data packet fragmentation while connected through Network Connect 6.5. In most cases the root cause seems to be the router but rather than replace a number of routers in the field that previously worked with Windows XP I was wondering if there was some tweak with either the VPN client or switch that might alleviate the issue. We have tried adjusting the MTU settings of the individual routers but it doesn't seem to have any impact thus far. Again I'm not sure this is an issue with Network Connect but we've already seen the problem with some Linksys, Netgear, & Westell gateways so its easier to start here.

4 REPLIES 4
df_
Contributor

Re: Dropped Data Packets with Network Connect 6.5 , Windows 7 & older routers

What problems are you seeing? Just because packets are fragmented, that doesn't mean that they are dropped.

We are running 6.5R3.1 with Windows 7 x64 and haven't noticed any issues.

New Contributor

Clients are receiving many Lotus Notes attachments that are corrupt and replication will sometimes hang for no apparent reason. Other network applications also seem to be slower when those conditions exist.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Try to connect to the SA device as a client from the LAN itself, this way you will eliminate the routers in question and see if the problem even occurs when testing from LAN as a SA user bypassing the internet.

New Contributor

Based on more information from our pilot users it just seems to be certain older SOHO routers and once they are replaced with new equipment the problem goes away. I was trying to find a solution that wouldn't require that expense but maybe it's unavoidable. Some of the routers replaced are the following models:

Netgear WGT624v2

Netgear FM114P

Westell 327W

Linksys WRT120N