Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESAP 1.4.5 - "Norton Internet Security 2009 (aka: v16.x)" failing FSRTP check

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

ESAP 1.4.5 - "Norton Internet Security 2009 (aka: v16.x)" failing FSRTP check

6.0R8-1 w/ ESAP 1.4.5

I've got a user that certainly looks to have all the expected 'real time' protections enabled in the product but EPCheck log is claiming otherwise.

[Debug] OPSAVProvider::GetProductName(): ***AV/AS Product Name = Norton Internet Security ***

[Debug] OPSAVProvider::IsVirDefFileAgeWithin(): ***AV/AS Virus Definition File is 0 days old ***

[Debug] DSCheckData::GetString: unable to get value for key VirusDefsUTD

[Debug] DSAVCheck::CheckInstalledVersion: FSRTP supported, we will not check for the services

[Debug] OPSAVProvider::IsFSRTP_ON(): FSRTP state is Disabled

[Debug] DSAVCheck::CheckInstalledVersion: "File System Real Time Protection" is OFF

Is it just me or is anyone else having troubles with that particular antivirus product?

I've cut a case with JTAC ... just curious to know if I'm alone though.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: ESAP 1.4.5 - "Norton Internet Security 2009 (aka: v16.x)" failing FSRTP check

This is an open issue with ESAP 1.4.5 that Juniper Networks is working on.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: ESAP 1.4.5 - "Norton Internet Security 2009 (aka: v16.x)" failing FSRTP check

Just in case anyone else out there is struggling with the same - check the "Security Center" service state on the affected endpoint.

Made all the difference here.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Upgrading to ESAP 1.4.7 fixed this for me.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I have installed the latest 1.4.7. This did not fix my issue. We have checked that the sercurity service was started. Any other ideas on how to fix this for my people?

Thanks