cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV SSL Cert?

Korereactor_
Contributor

EV SSL Cert?

Just curious, does the Juniper SA2000 support loading EV SSL certs from Verisign (have 6.2 OS)?

If so, do you select "Apache" when generating the cert, or something else? Sorry if there's already a doc on this, I haven't had time to dig yet. If there is a doc specifically on this can someone point me to it?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Jickfoo_
Super Contributor

Re: EV SSL Cert?

You do select 'Apache' when generating the cert.

I use Comodo for Certs. $100, and recognized by 99.9% of browsers. I would bet the EV Cert would work.

(That is if you are willing to pay $1,000 bucks for a 1k text file, that does nothing more then make your URL bar turn green.)

Sorry for the bitternes. Its a bit of a sore point for me.

Korereactor_
Contributor

We actually already have a regular cert with VeriSign. The reason we want to switch to EV is that we have tried to train our users to recognize regular certs, but it just doesn't seem to stick with them. A green bar is much simpler to identify for a novice. I agree with your issue on the pricing though, it is rather steep.

Anyone out there currently using an EV cert on thier Juniper SSL?

Brian_
Contributor

I just put an EV SSL cert on our cluster and am very happy with it. The VeriSign EV SSL requires that two intermediate certs be installed first. They are at

http://www.verisign.com/support/verisign-intermediate-ca/extended-validation/index.html

If you are clustering SA boxes, there is a price differentiation for the VeriSign warranty to support the additional nodes, depending on how many you have. Throughout the process, I indicated Apache.