cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error FB-2 - When Trying to Access Windows Bookmark

Highlighted
New Contributor

Error FB-2 - When Trying to Access Windows Bookmark

I am trying to setup a Windows Bookmark for a file share on a Windows 10 machine.

When I click the bookmark I get the following error.

Error FB-2
Failure to access the file share due to network connectivity problems or invalid information. Please contact your system administrator.

I can access bookmarks on other systems without issue.

Running 8.2R6, had the same problem with previous version.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Error FB-2 - When Trying to Access Windows Bookmark

Is the PCS able to reach the Windows 10 machine?
Are you doing SSO or manual credential entry?
How is the bookmark defined?
What does the user access log show as the failure reason?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Is the PCS able to reach the Windows 10 machine?
Yes, everything is on the same segement, no firewalls.

Are you doing SSO or manual credential entry?
I've tried multiple ways. Entering the credentials manually, statically defining in the Windows Server Single Sign-On policy.

How is the bookmark defined?
I've tried just defining a bookmark which works fine with Windows 7 systems and a Synology NAS. I also tried defining it with a file resource profile

What does the user access log show as the failure reason?
No messages in the user access log.

I really think it has something to do with the way Windows 10 shares work, I was reading some stuff about SMB signing. I tried disabling SMB3 on the windows machine but that didn't help. I also ran a packet capture and compared to the packet flow when connecting to a windows 7 machine as opposed to a windows 10 machine. On the Windows 10 machine after the SMB negotiation packets are exchanged between the PCS and the windows 10 machine, the PCS just closes the connection.
Highlighted

Thank you for your update and analysis
I believe that what you are seeing may be correct as SMB3 is not supported for file browsing on the appliance.
I would recommend working with your account team for an enhancement request for this capability
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have similar issue with Windows Bookmark. Windows 10  Creators Fall has SMBv1 disabled per default and the bookmarks are no longer working.

And you should disable SMBv1 since the WannaCry Attack!

Is there an update from PulseSecure to Support SMBv2 or SMBv3 to continue use this feature?

Highlighted

Not currently

Please reach out to your account team and let them know that you are looking for this feature so that they can contact our PLM team.