Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error FB-8 when accessing Windows Directory bookmark in Mac OS X Safari

SOLVED
bbickett_
New Contributor

Error FB-8 when accessing Windows Directory bookmark in Mac OS X Safari

I have a bookmark created to a Windows Directory. It works correctly when access from Internet Explorer, however when I access it using Safari on Mac OS X, I get the following error message:

Error FB-8: You do not have permission to access this file server. Please contact your system administrator.

Environment

Model: SA-700

Version: 6.5R3.1 (build 15255)

I have two realms set up since we have different host checker requirements for Windows & Mac users. They are basically identical with the exception of virus protection rules.

I have other Windows Directory bookmarks that work correctly. These point to Windows File Shares, where as this one points to a NetWare Volume.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bbickett_
New Contributor

Re: Error FB-8 when accessing Windows Directory bookmark in Mac OS X Safari

Resolved the issue.

Apparently, the Macs do not like having the full path specified in the Resource Profile. ( \\servername\share\directory )

I created the Resource Profile with just the CIFS Server Name and Share ( \\servername\share ) and specified the directory in the bookmark definition.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
bbickett_
New Contributor

Re: Error FB-8 when accessing Windows Directory bookmark in Mac OS X Safari

Resolved the issue.

Apparently, the Macs do not like having the full path specified in the Resource Profile. ( \\servername\share\directory )

I created the Resource Profile with just the CIFS Server Name and Share ( \\servername\share ) and specified the directory in the bookmark definition.

View solution in original post