when I try to create a new ãTerminal Service Resource Profile with an LDAP based host entry like <userAttr.UsersWorkstation> the following error message is displayed:
Failed to save resource profile ÔnameÕ
Reason: You have entered an invalid host
The attribute UsersWorkstation is added in the LDAP server catalog.
Has anybody a RDP-profile with a dynamicÓ LDAP host-entry?
Maybe it is a problem with our system version 6.5R1.
I tested on 6.0R3.1 and 6.5R1. Worked on 6.0, but not 6.5. I received the same error message as you. The Save was definitely not successful. I checked out the help file on 6.5 and it appears to be supported. Looks like a bug. You'll have to open a case with JTAC...
If you see the same behaviour with 6.5R1 IÕ am sure itÕs not a configuration error at my site.
Thanks for your help!!
Update from Juniper Support:
This is a known issue in 6.5R1 and will be fixed in 6.5R2.
hello, we had the same problem ....
here my workaround:
1) create a terminal service profile with all the settings you want and a real host.
2) then export just this terminal service profile.
4)now delete the new terminal service profile on the sa
5) modifiy the host entry in the xml file
6) import the xml ... this will add the terminal service profile with a variable host
This problem is specific to 6.5R1.
It works in previous IVE release (6.4) and was fixed in 6.5R2
96. win-term-svcs-admin Ð System variables cannot be entered in the hostnames of Terminal Services
bookmarks. (478291, 477885)