cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to connect on macOS Catalina and Pulse 9.1.4

Highlighted
New Contributor

Failing to connect on macOS Catalina and Pulse 9.1.4

I'm having issues connecting to my VPN using macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and Pulse Secure 9.1.4 (1955). When I enter my login credentials, Pulse goes into an endless loop of Connect Requested and Connecting, but never actually makes the connection. Hours of digging through the internet tell me that 9.1.4 should be compatible with Catalina, but I have not had any success.

I do have a much older MBP that's able to connect through Pulse 5.3.something, but that computer is on its last legs and I'm trying to migrate everything to the new MBP.

I've contacted my work's IT company, and they've essentially left me high and dry. "It's a personal computer AND a Mac, not our problem." If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love some help. This is not at all my area of expertise, so layman's terms are appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Failing to connect on macOS Catalina and Pulse 9.1.4

have you tried networkconnect.dmg ?

https://my-juniper-vpn/dana-cached/nc/NetworkConnect.dmg

I was using like that but after catalina it is not supporting anymore because our server site needs to be updated also (I think) becuase dmg file is 32 bit.

I have read Juniper not updating anymore networkconnect.dmg but better to give a try

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

This isn't a direct answer, but 9.1.2 works with the latest version of MacOS Catalina (10.15.4)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

My company Pulse Secure Connect installed Pulse Secure Client 9.0.6 on my macOS 10.15.4.  The VPN tunnel is working, except session start script.  I found it is not the same, if your Pulse Secure Client is installed by your Pulse Secure Connect or by offline installer.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions!

Unbeknownst to me, we were in the midst of upgrading our firewall and VPN solutions and have entirely dumped Pulse Secure in favor of the native VPN setup. It took me all of 5 minutes to set it up and get logged in this morning.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Your authentication attempt will fail, but you will receive a passcode on your registered device.