cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 3 results

Ray_
Frequent Contributor

Firefox 3 results

6.1R2.1 - It passes all host checks OK and lets me get to the login screen. After I enter my credentials, it hangs on the URL of /dana/home/starter0.cgi?check=yes. The status bar shows Applet dsSetupApplet started. If I change "check=yes" to "check=no" and hit Enter, I get my usual profile page and it seems to work OK.

Perhaps people with other versions could add their experience to this thread.

Ray

13 REPLIES 13
BryGuy_
Occasional Contributor

Re: Firefox 3 results

I had this same issue with Firefox 2 and I believe 5.0 of the IVE. Upgrading to the 6.1R2.1 release fix it in that version.

I also logged in and when it hung up, press backspace to get the login page again and login and it seemed to login fine.

Automate_
Frequent Contributor

Keep in mind that Firefox 3 is not supported - I recommend that you avoid upgrading and caution your users not to upgrade to any browsers or OS's not on the supported platforms list for _your_ version of IVEOS.

Informal ad-hoc testing shows several issues and it will take some time, now that the final code is shipping, to understand what is required to support it. 

-Keith Redfield

Juniper Networks, Inc 

Ray_
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for chiming in, Keith. Yeah, we all know that and we also know how much users pay attention to what IS says. :-) For me it's nice to see a list of things other people have seen in case someone reports the same issue and won't 'fess up that they upgraded.

Take care,

Ray

Steffen_
Contributor

Hello,

I can confirm Firefox 3 not running on 6.1R2-1 (build 13103) and 6.0R5 (build 13073).

The start-page doen't show up and you have to change the URL from "...check=yes" to "...check=no".

We get problems starting Windows RDP sessions and Java applications like ProperJavaRDP and the included SSH.

The administative interface works fine.

- Steffen

Automate_
Frequent Contributor

Fair enough - relatedly - does everyone know about the IETab plugin? Since it's nearly impossible to fully remove IE from a machine, it provides an alternate for those who want to upgrade FF. It basically switches the rendering environment to IE on a tab within Firefox. It has a whitelist function to ID the URL's that should render in IE so you can add your SA to the list - I have not tried with FF3 yet, but it works great on FF2. Might be worth a look.

-Keith 

oldtimer_
Not applicable

IE Tab is a must if you are using Firefox. At first, IE Tab would not download, but after many attempts, I was finally able to install it. It works great in Firefox 3, so if you are having problems with NC, try having it render via IE Tab, and it will connect up fine.
Sloefke_
Not applicable

We are seeing the same results with Firefox 2.0.0.15 on both XP and Vista, connecting to both 6.1r3 and previous versions. Host Checker checks the pc, seems to approve it and then just redirects to a blank page.

Is this a known issue?

Message Edited by Sloefke on 07-16-2008 03:51 AM
Trent_
Not applicable

Yes 2.0.15 does not work when trying to authenticate. I have noticed that 2.0.14 and below are working well. It is because they are newer versions of firefox. Users can try the workaround of removing everything after the first /.

Trent

Juniper Networks

KenG_
Occasional Contributor

Any estimate on a fix for the Firefox 3.0 / Firefox 2.0.0.16 logon issues?