cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Upgrade Reboot

Speeder_
Not applicable

Firmware Upgrade Reboot

I had issues with all my VPN units, where if I update a VPN device, it does not come back online after it says 'rebooting...' and needs a manual power cycle. I have not called support yet because normally, if it's being done remotely, someone is on site, but in case someone isn't...?

3 REPLIES 3
spuluka
Super Contributor

Re: Firmware Upgrade Reboot

You could have the serial console cable connected to a server or other computer you have remote desktop access to at the site. Then you can connect to a console session using hyperterm or putty and see what is wrong or force a reboot from there.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro-Ethernet & ISP) - http://puluka.com/home
SonicBoom_
Regular Contributor

if you upgraded to any of the 7.0 revs then you may have jumped the gun by manually restarting, i have seen reboots take 4-7min and longer if none of the logs have been cleared out or old backups dumped. also go to troubleshooting/ system snapshots and clear out old snapshots

pauljmu_
Contributor

I have the same issue on our production SA6000 box. Every time it gets rebooted the power cable has to be unplugged and you have to wait for the power light to go off before it will actually start processing its scripts. Having the console connected doesn't tell you anything because nothing displays. I happened to have the initial experience at a 11 pm Saturday night reboot. I thought our box had died but support gave me the tip to wait till the power discharges before plugging it back in. I did an upgrade a couple weeks ago and was on-site with the console connected and had the same issue. It would be nice to find a way to fix the issue.