cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Version for Win 8.1, IE 11 and Java 7 U51?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Firmware Version for Win 8.1, IE 11 and Java 7 U51?

Hi All,

We're currently running 7.3 R5 and are being affected by the following issues.

• JSAM not running on Macs because of Java 7 U51 (we're currenltly working around this by editing the site list exceptions in Java)
  • Windows 8.1 - Terminal Services sessions not launching. (Using JSAM as a workaround)
  • IE 11 on Windows 7 - Terminal Services not launching. (Downgrading to IE 10 as a workaround)

For those of you that have encountered or are encountering these issues, what version of the firmware are you upgrading to? I've heard that 7.4 R8 will resolve these issues, but Juniper support is saying we should upgrade to 8.0 R1.1.  I'm getting back in touch with support to clarify, but we are hesitant to upgrade to the 8.0 release since 7.4R8 is classified as stable.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Firmware Version for Win 8.1, IE 11 and Java 7 U51?

These issues were adressed in 7.4R8 with us. We do still have to edit the site list for Macs unfortunately.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

This would mean the recommended releases for your scenario would be 7.4R7+ or 8.0R1+.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you Kita - The links to the articles was helpful. I'm going to follow back on my ticket with Juniper Support to have them confirm that 7.4 R8 will do it for us since then initially pointed to 8.0 R1.

Jbeez - Are you saying that you still had to have Mac users edit the site list in Java even after going to 7.4R8 to get JSAM to work?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Please update the thread if you are still having issues with JSAM with 7.4R8 on a MAC.  This should be fixed.