cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go from 8.0r10 to 8.2r2 testing

jbcameron
Occasional Contributor

Go from 8.0r10 to 8.2r2 testing

We currently are running 8.0r10 and want to upgrade but wanted to make sure our configuration will not get messed up. Every time we have upgraded to a major release something in the configure gets messed up. Someone had suggested running the DTE and importing the configuration to make sure nothing will be changed with the configuration. Of course we will not have the DTE connected to the network for obvious reasons. Was wondering is this possible?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
zanyterp

Re: Go from 8.0r10 to 8.2r2 testing

Without being connected to the network, no (unless you are running it on your local machine and do a host-only network)
But, yes, you can export the system.cfg (certificates, IPs, licenses, & other node-specific settings) and user.cfg (everything else) into the DTE appliance for testing.

What type of things have you seen ruined by upgrade?
jbcameron
Occasional Contributor

One of the things have been the cluster needs to be redone every time. We have two realms, one with RSA and one without. The RSA one needs to be redone every time.
zanyterp

I am sorry to hear that has been such a hassle.
I know it's not much in the way of condolence or assistance, but that is not what we expect. i have seen realms with RSA auth persist through upgrades without an issue. What has been the response after working with support on the reason (if you don't mind answering)?
jbcameron
Occasional Contributor

Support said it was a RSA issue. RSA support was more helpful and found the issue was in Pulse. They fixed it.
zanyterp

Thank you for taking time to update me; I am sorry to hear that the issue was on our side and we were unaware of it.
Hopefully the testing on SPE/DTE shows success & that this upgrade works smoother on your production systems.