cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOst Checker Timeout in 6.3r4

tbrophy_
New Contributor

HOst Checker Timeout in 6.3r4

We have user's in the field that are having an issue with their NC session timing out at about 47 to 57 minutes respectfully without warning. I have my max session set to 360 minutes, is there a timeout setting somewhere in the device? I have an SA6000 and just upgraded to 6.3r4 a month ago. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Tessian_
Frequent Contributor

Re: HOst Checker Timeout in 6.3r4

What's your Idle timeout for that role set to? Also might want to check the Host Checker times as well

tbrophy_
New Contributor

idle timeout set for 20 min but Juniper says this doesn't matter for nc only for web sessions. Max session set for 360 minutes. This just started with upgrade to 6.3r4

Tessian_
Frequent Contributor

I hate to disagree but they are definitely wrong. The Idle Timeout for a role is enforced regardless of the access given whether it be Web, SAM, NC, etc. If the IVE does not receive any traffic from a Network Connect user for 20 minutes, it will kick them out.

Simple way to test- increase the timeout to 60 minutes and see if it persists.

tbrophy_
New Contributor

That's what I thought, it worked this way with the old version we had 5.5r4. This timeout is killing our remote users who need to vpn in to fix live issues. I've tried changing the nc idle timeout from 20 min to 30 minutes and I was booted at 47 minutes with a web session going that pings 150 devices every 2 minutes.

Tessian_
Frequent Contributor

What does your User Access Log say at that time about the disconnect?

tbrophy_
New Contributor

It's referring to a Cache cleaner timeout. Per Juniper's request, I changed our timeout from 30 minutes to 60 minutes with the same result. I was booted at about 54 minutes.