cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML5 RDP Client in 8.2?

Highlighted
Contributor

HTML5 RDP Client in 8.2?

In all the Pulse Secure literature I can find about 8.2 it mentions a new HTML5 RDP client that apparently means that you don't need to install a client, or have Java installed and use HOB if you're on OS X.

I have the virtual appliance for eval via our reseller (we have an old SA and need to try 8.2 to decide if it's worth replacing the SA earlier than planned).

I simply cannot find how I can use the "clientless" RDP as any kind of RDP sessions always seems to want to install the ActiveX client and apps, or launch through Java.

Have I completely misunderstood?
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: HTML5 RDP Client in 8.2?

You need to create a separate HTML5 Access Resource Profile. It's working fine, but it seems to have some limitations as it runs in the browser.

You can find the instructions in the Admin guide: [url]https://www.pulsesecure.net/techpubs/pulse-connect-secure/pcs/8.2rx[/url] (Page 656)

Hope this helps.
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks and yes I found that but it doesn't seem to work with 2008 server or Windows 8.1 even with network level authentication disabled.

I have a case open as the guide doesn't seem to state any limitations (unless I've also missed that Smiley Happy)
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have only tried it with a Windows 2012 server with NLA disabled, that worked.
Highlighted
Community Manager

What is your case number? I will see what I can do to help move this case forward from our side.
Highlighted
Contributor

It's OK we figured it and it's kind of obvious but a little unexpected Smiley Happy

We're testing with the VM appliance so don't yet have AD/LDAP setup.

I was logging into the VPN as "Test" and using a bookmark for the html5 connection.

It looks like it passes credentials but if they aren't accepted it doesn't fallback or prompt for alternatives it just fails.

As soon as I manually coded the credentials in the bookmark it worked - I guess it's a .1 release thing?

The html5 RDP is absolutely amazing and will be very interesting to see how it goes - excellent stuff Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

It was really a need feature, since all the java stuff is too much complicated to install for a standart user. But one drawback:

- You have to hardcode bookmark for your users :/ Users can not specifify themself the host and the credentials.
- I expect this feature was a replacement to the old Windows / SSH / Telnet client, but it's an additionnal feature.

Regards,

Vincent
Highlighted
New Contributor

Based on the comments it seems like you need to hardcode credentials. That's not as useful as an HTML5 client that can prompt for credentials regardless of client OS.

Am I correct in this is how it works?
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Mish,

We are aware of this bug and working on resolving this issue. I can update the thread once this issue is resolved.
Highlighted
New Contributor

There is an option to select the account if the encryption option is set to “Standard RDP encryption” this will connect without any specific SSO setup.