cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML5 RDP in 8.2r1.1

New Contributor

HTML5 RDP in 8.2r1.1

I'm experiencing some strange behavior with PCS 8.2R1.1, and I'm wondering how much of it is Working As Designed.

1. Users cannot add their own bookmarks for HTML5 Access.
2. It appears impossible to administratively add an HTML5 Access (RDP) bookmark without specifying either a single username/password or the variables for logged-on and .
3. When trying to launch a connection to a destination server where my account isn't authorized, the login screen doesn't come up allowing me to enter another username.

So with these restrictions, I end up in this situation:
a) I have to administratively create a bookmark for each user's computer that's going to be an RDP endpoint.
b) Unless I create a whole bunch of groups, everyone authorized to do HTML5 RDP is going to see a long list of bookmarks.
c) I have to do authorization at the RDP bookmark level, rather than controlling the mapping into the role and then letting anyone in the role do RDP with a login screen then lets them enter their credentials.

Is that correct? Is that intended? Have I missed something?

Steve
3 REPLIES 3
New Contributor

Re: HTML5 RDP in 8.2r1.1

In #2, I used the angle-brackets for system variables USER and PASSWORD, and those didn't render. That should make the sentence make more sense...

Yes, that is all correct for the HTML5 option as it stands. Some of this is being targeted for a future release; however, I would recommend discussing with your account team for further information.
The other option, if users know their computer name/IP, is to enable the HTML5 launcher. This will allow users to type in the server name that they want to connect to and, as long as it is in the ACL, it will connect.
ruc
Pulser

Hello - The ability for end-users to add HRML5 bookmarks (for RDP) has been added to 8.2R3 (scheduled for around end of May 2016)