cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with 1205 failed to create virtual adapter

Highlighted
New Contributor

Help with 1205 failed to create virtual adapter

I have been pounding my head trying to figure out why I keep getting this error. System is Win 7 64. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. The install file shows eveyrthing works fine. When I try to connect I always fail with 1205. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Help with 1205 failed to create virtual adapter

Hi Mike,

I have seen this issue. On most clients I have to uninstall pulse, any other vpn client, and anything else loaded into the driver stack.

Then run from an admin cmd shell
netsh int ip reset reset.log
netsh winsock reset

Reboot and reinstall.

Hope this helps.

Note: If I have answered your questions, you could mark this post as accepted solution, that way it could help others as well. Kudo will be a bonus thanks!

Regards,
Kannan

Highlighted
New Contributor

Just tried, no luck. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi,

You can refer below kb and see if it helps.Also Pulse 5.0r3 has NIS6 driver so you can test that :

http://kb.pulsesecure.net/KB27715

Regards,

Jay

Highlighted
New Contributor

Check if you are using any Encryption on the laptops, like Bcrypt. You need to whitelist Junos Virtual Adapters from the allowed list of Network adapters.

hopefully this will work.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Cause 1: You have exceeded Windows' virtual adapters limit
Solution: Change le value of MaxNumFilters to 14 decimal in the Registry:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network

Cause2: 3rd party Antivius or Firewall
Solution: Create an exception for Pulse exe files (c.f. Client changes document). Otherwise, disable or for some cases uninstall firewall or antivirus.

Cause 3: In device manager, if the Juniper Networks Virtual adapter Manager has a exclamation mark, it's most probably Windows that denied the installation of the Juniper driver's signature.

Solution: reboot PC and enter Windows' advanced startup options and choose "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement". Repair Pulse Secure and launch connection.

I hope this helps.