cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High CPU utilisation after upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1(SA 4000)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

High CPU utilisation after upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1(SA 4000)

Hi,

We had to do an upgrade of SA 4000 cluster from R6.0 to 6.1. But now facing high cpu utilization. Has anyone faced this before?

I heard unofficially that R6.1 was released only for SA4500 and 6500 and not optimized for other boxes(didnt find this info documented anywhere) and 6.2 is designed for all models(so it is better to upgrade to 6.2). Any truth to this? Should we do another upgrade to 6.2?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: High CPU utilisation after upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1(SA 4000)

6.1 was not necessarily designed only for the SAx500 series platforms; however, it is the minimum requirement for the new hardware. The 6.1 release introduced only support for the new platforms and SVW with Vista.

I have not heard of anything unusual with the CPU utilization with 6.1.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I had 6.1 on SA700 and it works with no any similar issues. So the problem might not be in the software version.
Highlighted
Contributor

I have also seen weird issues like this after doing an upgrade. I have an SA6000 active/passive cluster that I recently upgraded to 6.0R5 from 5.5R2.1. After the upgrade the primary unit jumped to 20% CPU utilization and the throughput on the internal interface jumped to 12mb steady. I had to remove the unit from the cluster and reboot to resolve the issue. In an upgrade previous to this one I had memory utilization issues and I followed the same steps to resolve the issue. It seems like there is a bug in the upgrade process when you're dealing with a cluster. I have never experienced these issues when working with a standalone unit.