cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host Checker Issues in 6.0R3 (build 12359)

SOLVED
Regular Contributor

Host Checker Issues in 6.0R3 (build 12359)

I've just upgraded our test applinace to 6.0R3 (build 12359) and I am now having the following problems with Host Checker:
1. Access to a realm is being denied due to failing of an Evaluate only Host Check (the check is only used for a role mapping)
2. Access to a realm is being denied due when any one of the rules in OR'ed in a custom expression fails (e.g. 'ePO AND (McAfee OR McAfeeV7)')
I rolled back the appliance to the previous version - 5.3R5.3 (build 11159) - and the problem immediately disappear.
Update - Just tried installing 5.5R4 (build 12129) and Host Checker works correctly.

Message Edited by dcvers on 12-17-2007 01:49 PM
2 REPLIES 2
Regular Contributor

Re: Host Checker Issues in 6.0R3 (build 12359)

Just testing 6.1R1 and got the same issue. After further investigation I discovered the problem is a new option "Send reason strings" in the Remediation section of the host checks. If this is enabled and any of the rules in the check fails Host Checker displayed the remediation page even if the rules are not required. Unchecking the option fixes the issue. While it is annoying this option is checked by default after upgrading more concerning is that the Reason String displays the full details of the check. If we hadn't had issues we may have not noticed that the remediation page was now giving full details of our host checker requirements rather than our custom message to call the helpdesk.

Unfortunately now that I have got passed this issue I have discovered Host Checker no longer seems able to detect processes running as SYSTEM user when the local user doesn't have admin rights. This is definitely working on 5.3R5.3. We are running the Installer service and I've also tried manually installing Host Checker as an Administrator.

Regular Contributor

Re: Host Checker Issues in 6.0R3 (build 12359)

I raise a trouble ticket with JTAC about the issue with Host Checker not detecting the processes and they told me this is a know issue fixed in 6.1R2 (and 6.0R4)