Since upgrading to 7.3R2 we've seen a lot of people having problems logging into our SA appliance using their personal PCs, mostly due to Host Checker not running. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
I have a ticket open with JTAC, but I'm not getting very far because most users won't bring in their personal devices for me to test with.
All of our corporate laptops are ok, as they have the Juniper Installer Services on them.
We upgraded our test box to 7.3R3 with the latest ESAP version and this seems to have resolved some of the issues.
I've tried having the users removing all Juniper applications and deleting the folder C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Juniper Networks
Nice. Host Checker has been a pain for us and we had this same issue previously. It comes and goes, but the last time we ran into it we had to delete registry keys in the users profiles as well. The registry keys actually dictate if Host Check can run or not. Compare the Juniper Networks keys in the Current User registry with a working system and make sure nothing is missing.
nothing rings a bell. what are you checking for? what do the client logs say? user access log?
i have the same problem, host checker either doesnt run or will just kick the user out to the login screen. it does seem to be confined to windows 7x64 for us at the moment, im hoping juniper come out with a fix soon!
The devices should be passing on a rule that allows any supported AV and firewall, as well as any recent OS. We also have other checks that look for items (files and certificates) to determine if it's a corporate device.
I would suggest upgrading to 7.3r3.
On the client machines seeing the issue, the HC may not have upgraded properly,
Does the client machines seeing the issue have admin rights and what version of JIS are they running?
What version of JIS does the corporate machines have?
The clients do have admin rights, but don't have JIS. They are personal devices, so we don't supply JIS. It looks like I'll finally get to test another users machine this week, so hopefully I"ll have more updates.
is there any specific difference between working & non-working pcs?
We experienced this issue after upgrading to 7.3R2 primarily on machines running Windows 7 x64 with IE9. The ActiveX call to start or upgrade Juiper components would fail and the fallback to Java would also fail. Running the Microsoft Fix-it to reset IE security settings http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 resolved most of the issues. Checking the box "Delete personal settings" was required for 60% of the machines with the issue. Removing/upgrading Java was also required in some cases. Some of the upgrades would also fail if the Cisco IPSEC VPN client was also installed, removal of the Cisco client cleared the issue.
Thanks for the tips about resetting IE. I'll have some users try this today.