cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host Checker - Windows System Center EP

Highlighted
New Contributor

Host Checker - Windows System Center EP

Users with Windows 7 and Microsoft System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection fail the host checker on IVE 7.2.r5 and ESAP 2.2.5, even if System Center Endpoint Protection (2.x) is listed under supported Windows Antivirus products.

Error message is "Anti-Virus software listen in security requirements is not installed".

Any idea on how to verify that IVE / ESAP is detecting the antivirus service correctly ?

Thanks, Einar

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Host Checker - Windows System Center EP

FYI,

I have exactly the same problem, albeit i'm running 7.2R1.1, same ESAP ver 2.2.5 :-(

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I know this is tedious, but this is precisely the type of issue which should be reported to JTAC.  You have an instance where what the product does is different than what the documentation says it should do.  JTAC should be able to get this set up in the lab quickly and confirm the issue (or determine why it is not working for you).

Ken

Occasional Contributor

Forgot to mention, i have logged it. & am awaiting a response.

hit the post button in the middle of a million other things!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

been going through a few diags with support etc,

Whilst waiting for a response i reverted back to the default ESAP 2.1.2 and MS SC 2012 EP passed host checker validation.

it passes in all versions upto 2.2.1.... from 2.2.2 onward it fails!!! Smiley Frustrated

so if you desparatly require EP to get through, revert to ESAP 2.2.1 & keep your fingers crossed you;ve got less clients with an AV products that require ESAP 2.2.2 or later!

I'll keep you posted with progress 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank's for your reply. I'm also awaiting updates from TAC. In the meantime I am using a workaround; the host checker for this role is set up with registry setting to check for the relevant service on the computer.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

thank you for working on this via JTAC

Highlighted
New Contributor

Have you ever recevied a solution to this problem? --  other than checking for the process rather than doing a full ESAP check. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have worked with a couple customers recently and they had success with this using ESAP 2.2.9