cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host Checker does not install with Windows 7 UAC?

dlagace_
New Contributor

Host Checker does not install with Windows 7 UAC?

Hello,

I am currently evaluating an SA4500 unit with 7.4R3.  I seem to be having 2 issues.

1. When logging in, I get prompted for elevated credentials to install host checker even though I have Juniper Installer Service installed.  I enter my admin creds and still get prompted everytime I login.

2. When (finally) using HC I seem to have an issue where I can't get HC to read certain registry keys.

Our 'in production' SA4500 is running 6.5r3 and I do not get these issues with the same computer.

Host we are testing with is running Windows 7 Enterprise SP1.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

I've attached the prompt below

--Dave

5 REPLIES 5
RexPGP_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Host Checker does not install with Windows 7 UAC?

I would download the new installer service and put that on PCs. WIll work with old 6.5r3 code.

May also need to uninstall all old junper cliejt

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

There are keys that non-admin users can't access. Are the keys you are checking available directly?
If an elevated action is being done, the prompt will happen. I'm not sure why you're not seeing it on your 6.5 system
dlagace_
New Contributor

Done and Done.  No difference.

Thanks for your help.

--Dave

dlagace_
New Contributor

I'm not a windows guy and am not used to Win 7 at all, but isn't there a way to run some software w/ admin credentials if needed?

I feel i'm close to getting this resolved I just can't seem to find in Windows what's going on.  Anyways I have a case open and will get the Windows admins here to get on the line and figure it out.  I was hoping perhaps someone on the forums had run into this problem and might have a solution.

Unsurprisingly, everything works when using a user with Domain Admin credentials.

It's just so strange that as a regular user w/ Host Checker installed it still prompts me for admin creds to run.

--Dave

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

If you remove the registry strings, or modify the values you check so as not to be outside HKCU, do you see the same behavior?