cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host Checker fails on Windows XP

Highlighted
Contributor

Host Checker fails on Windows XP

We have noticed that when a non-admin user connects to the SSL VPN, an error window appears on the Host Checker screen.

"Failed to download the application. Please sign in and try again If the problem continues, please contact your system administrator."

This is happening only on Windows XP systems, not Windows 7. Clients that have been working are fine, only new systems. We normally deploy out the Installer Service via Altiris so when the non-admin user goes to the login, they automatically download all the HC, NC, SAM components. We have removed all components, reinstalled, removed from all profiles and registry. It also generates the same error from Firefox.

Any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Host Checker fails on Windows XP

Raj,

Your understanding is correct that, installing Juniper Installer Service would be enough to install the Juniper Clients on the computer without admin rights.

Can you try the below and check if that helps?

- Login as an administrator to a Windows XP machine.

- Uninstall JIS from the machine.

- Download the JIS installer (Juniper Installer Service.exe) from the IVE admin GUI from Maintenance > System >
Installers.

- Install it on your computer with admin rights.

- Logoff from the computer as an administrator.

- Login again with the same "non-admin" user.

Check if the above resolved your issue.

Thanks,

Highlighted
Contributor

I've performed these steps several times without success. I am working with JTAC support on this but not getting anywhere. This isn't isolated to a single system as I can reproduce it on another XP system.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hello Raj909,

Is there anything in the debuglog.log from the client machine? The easiest way to read the logs is to delete the current file from the machine, replicate the issue, then go back and review the debuglog.log so you only have one complete transaction with the failure. This log should provide more detail of the failure.

Highlighted
New Contributor

We've got the same issue.

The issue is being seen with Windows XP SP3, with or without administrator rights.

Even the offline hostchecker installation is not resolving this issue.

From our captures, it looks that the Script is not being sent to the remote computer by the SSLVPN.

Note that it is only impacting version 7.1R4.1

With version 7.1R3, there's no problem.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

we upgraded to 71r41 and I have a XP PC at home. We run hostchecker to check for reg keys to see if company asseet. I am having no issue at home. I am a admin on PC.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

uninstall all juniper and then go to managed add ons in IE. Delete the Juniper setup client contol class.