cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host Checker still failing on ESAP 1.4.5

hayes_
Not applicable

Host Checker still failing on ESAP 1.4.5

I just upgraded to ESAP 1.4.5 thinking it would fix the AVG 8 problem and I still have a select number of users stating it is failing, and they do indeed have the latest signatures. Is this still an issue? They have: 8.0.233

Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
haas_
Contributor

Re: Host Checker still failing on ESAP 1.4.5

Finally!

Jason J. Wald
Juniper Networks Certified
Internet Associate - FWV
saint_
New Contributor

Is that a fresh install of AVG 8.0? I had the Host Checker failing with an updated AVG but then work after a reinstall.
Inder_
New Contributor

We have just deployed our IVEs with host checking and am running ESAP 1.4.5 just upgraded from 1.4.4. We have a test group of roughly 40 users and 4 of the 40 had issues with AVG free version 8 where, even if the latest DAT was running, host checker would fails the DAT version. After reinstalling AVG we had 100% success.

Does anyone have a case open with JTAC and has there been any success in identifying the problem?

Regards.

meh_
Frequent Contributor

Just been released
haas_
Contributor

***NEW*** AVG Free 8.5 Antivirus is failing
Running 6.2R3-1 on Pair of 6500's
Inder_
New Contributor

Hi Haas,

I think that 6.3R3 will fix this issue. We are going to this release tomorrow night and I will let you know if the issue is fixed.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/ive/6.x/releasenotes/Juniper_Networks_NetScreen_Secure_Acce...

33. endpointintegrity-hostchecker - The Antivirus policies with latest updates option are interpreted correctly. (399500-5)

Regards. Inder.

haas_
Contributor

Upgraded to 6.2R4 ESAP 1.45 last night same problem still. As well I have been fighting the same issue with Norton 2009, Norton 360 and now AVG Free 8.5.

The current Juniper AV checker flat out sucks in my opinion. I have had to stop checking for antivirus because 1/2 of the stuff my people use "doesn't comply with the policy" however according to the docs it does. As well I have the new "updates" number instead of DAT file age. I have had to change it to 10 because people are constantly being to told their stuff is not up to day. Juniper I hope you are reading this!

haas_
Contributor

Looks like AVG Free 8.5 is still failing on ESAP 1.47

Reason: 'Anti-Virus or Anti-Spyware software listed in security requirements is not installed.'.

Rickyrick_
Occasional Contributor

I raised a case with Juniper and they said that ESAP 1.4.8 will support AVG 8.5

Until then, only suggestion is to downgrade the AVG to 8.0