cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host Checker to work with Windows Vista

Occasional Contributor

Host Checker to work with Windows Vista

Hi folks, i am facing some problem with getting Windows Vista Ultimate to pass the host check stage, it simply just hang on the host check screen.

I was wondering if anyone faced the same problem and had solved to share your experience with me. BTW I had no problem with Windows Vista business. As below is my SA's detail.

System Version
5.5R3 (build 12029)

8 REPLIES 8
Contributor

Re: Host Checker to work with Windows Vista

Hi MCT,

I corrected a lot of issue related to Vista via the last firmware branche ( 6.0 ).

Hope this could help.

Regards,

Sylvain

Occasional Contributor

Hi sylvain thanks for ur reply. But is there any walk ard for this issue instead of upgrading the box? My production is 24hrs so i could not really afford any downtime for this.
Frequent Contributor

@MCT: looks like you do not have a cluster, or at least an active active one, where you will lose needed capacity if one cluster member goes down?

When upgrading our A/P cluster we nearly have no downtime.

Occasional Contributor

Hi I attempted to up grade to 6.0R3.1 (build 12507) but somehow it appears this error:

"Your computer does not meet the following security requirements. Please follow instructions below to fix these problems. When you are done click Try Again.

1. Advanced Endpoint Defense: Malware Protection
Instructions: Please follow the instructions in the Windows System Tray icon to remediate your machine. Ignoring the recommended actions might restrict your level of network access and resources that you may use."

As for XP, no problem.

Frequent Contributor

Maybe this is fixed in 6.0R4.2, unfortunately I do not have that, yet, but good to know to check for Advanced Endpoint Defense, that we plan to engineer/use in a few weeks.
Contributor

Hi MCT,

It s look like you are using AED. It s actually not fully supported with Vista , i got the same issue and
opened a case for this. Juniper is depending of symantec for this module.

You should desactivate AED for the moment.

Sylvain

Frequent Contributor

We just hit this as well and support said the Advanced Malware Detector is not supported on Vista and they don't know when it will be. We've requested a conference call with our rep because this is unacceptable. It's not like Vista is a new product.

They did suggest we create a new logon realm just for Vista and leave the Advanced Malware Detector out of the checks. Sheesh, we already have to do that for Mac's. What's the point of having endpoint protection that can't be deployed?

Don't get me started about why it's 2008 and ESAP still doesn't support Norton Personal Firewall 2007.

Grrrrrr,

Ray

Occasional Contributor

Hi, anyone with any solutions other then disabling my AED? Vista users are complaining Man Sad