cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host checker doesnot detect Sophos firewall

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Host checker doesnot detect Sophos firewall

I am running Sophos firewall 1.5. In sophos firewall there is an option to check allow all traffic. Whenever a user try to use NetConnect and the option to allow all traffic is check, the host check fail to recognize the firewall is install. If the option is uncheck, than it pass with no issue but cause the sophos firewall to block everything. I am trying to figure out where the host checker is doing this. We want users to have the option check to allow all traffic while connecting to NETConnect. Has anyone experience this issue?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Host checker doesnot detect Sophos firewall

Are you using a current ESAP version?

Ron

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Yes, I've seen the same thing before. The "canned" check for Sophos firewall does not pass if the firewall is disabled. Since my company does not want users connecting via VPN unless they are protected by an active firewall, we like the check this way. If you just want to check to see if Sophos is installed, and don't care if it is running, I'd suggest you find some sort of file or registry check which would indicate that Sophos is installed.

Ken

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I am not running the latest ESAP. It was working before and that all of sudden this month, users are getting the error. There was nothing change on the Juniper device. I am unsure why ESAP would stop working.