Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host checker issue

Highlighted
New Contributor

Host checker issue

Hi,

My VPN-SSL is 2500 and using ive 7.0

I'm trying to configure an antivirus police using " Successful System Scan must have been performed in the last _ days" , however, when a user try to access appear that user is not comply. Users are using S.E.P. 11 (symantec endpoint) and custom scan.

Another problem is, when the antivirus is disable, the hostchecker let the user pass normally even the pc is not ok

Regards

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Host checker issue

Hi,

I am having the same scenario and the same issue with a customer.

Has anyone seen it before?

Best Regards,

Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I would check to make sure you have enabled "Auto-update virus signature list" (Endpoing Security, Virus Signature Version Monitoring). I believe you will need to add your Juniper account details as well. If you haven't done so already, I would also make sure you're using the most recent ESAP. I hope this helps.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I downloaded two days ago the file and manually imported virus signature list.

Nowadays SA is using ESAP 1.6.4 and IVE version is 7.0R7.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

The current ESAP is 1-7-6. I would upload the latest ESAP and make it active. I would also double check the settings I mentioned earlier.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

As recommended, please make sure you are using the latest ESAP.

If you do not use a custom scan, does it work? The custom scans do not always make the same notice on the system as the default scans.

I would recommend a JTAC case to have this checked out further, especially if the default scan works.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I solved the problem

First, i would like to thank everyone

The problem was in S.E.P when the client tried disable / uninstall , but i updated the ESAP to the latest version

I realize that

- SEP custom scan doesn't work with Host Checker

-HC can check if there is antivirus or if antivirus is disable

-HC can check the antivirus updates

thanks