Since I've upgrade from 7.1r3 to 7.1r4, few users reported some issues on my site:
- One Mac OS-X user is unable to use Network Connect (seems to be an install issue).
- One Windows Vista user is unable to use Terminal Services Client (seems be an install issue).
- One Linux user is unable to use Network Connect.
All these issues appears on specific installation, and, are not reproductible on my lab install.
Did you find silimar issue on your sites?
We are seeing issues as well on Windows 7 so far. Tried a bunch of different combinations of things to fix it. The only way we got it to work was to uninstall everything on the Windows 7 system except for the Juniper Installer Service. Then let everything reinstall. Worked the 1st time through and then had the issue again. UGH.
We also found that the Cache cleaner policy we had was also causing some users from connecting and also installing the Host Checker app.. Since deleting temp files and cookies are a normal troubleshooting procedure that all users know how to do the Cache cleaner policy was redundant.
Justtryit: Did you manage to work out the issue?
We recently went to 7.1R4 and noticed that some clients upgrading the Host Checker fine.
Come a few days, users are unable to connect as the Host Checker is failing to load.
"Your computer is unsatisfactory" message. Tried uninstalling via the Start Menu - only option was to remove
some old registry keys under the users profile.
Keen to find out any other behaviours like this?
We recently upgraded from 6.5 to 7.1 (R6). Had a bunch of people with a Host Checker issue, either reporting that the HC install failed, or that the computer security was unsatisfactory.
Couple of workarounds, firstly (potentially optional) ensure 'Check for publisher's certificate revocation' is unticked in IE Advanced Settings.
Then get the user to go to Control Panel and remove 1. Juniper Networks Host Checker, 2. Juniper Networks, Inc. Setup Client. No need to get rid of all the components, and the good thing about this suggestion is the user does not need admin privileges, and no need to push the HC software out to everyone.
Another thing that helped, in conjunction with the notes above, is to try the install through IE, instead of trying it through the older (e.g. 6.5) version of NetworkConnect.
Worked for us, hope it works for you.