Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HostChecker Fails for Norton 360 after Norton Update [ESAP 1.3.8]

Chudel_
Contributor

HostChecker Fails for Norton 360 after Norton Update [ESAP 1.3.8]

Hello,

Several users are reporting that after updating their Norton 360, they are no longer able to connect to the VPN, citing the Host Checker as the reason. Norton 360 (v2.x) is in the supported list of AntiVirus vendors. The specific Norton 360 version information is in the attached picture.

What gives?

2 REPLIES 2
Chudel_
Contributor

Re: HostChecker Fails for Norton 360 after Norton Update [ESAP 1.3.8]

Forgot to mention:

Model: SA-4000

Current version: 6.0R2 (build 12141)

ChristopherHowar
Contributor

Re: HostChecker Fails for Norton 360 after Norton Update [ESAP 1.3.8]

Hello,

ESAP 1.3.8 does list Norton 2.X as being supported at the time ESAP was released. Norton 360 version 2.3.1.4 was released on March 6th 2008 I believe, considering that ESAP 1.3.8 was released June 6th 2008 I am surprised that you are encountering a problem such as this. I have had a search for any related issues reported by other customers in the past months and have not found any. I am assuming from your report that ALL of your clients that have upgraded to Norton 360 2.3.1.4 are now having this issue and that it is not the case that SOME 2.3.1.4 users are passed correctly? If my assumption is correct and you are statified with your host checker configuration; I would strongly suggest you raise a case with JTAC and they investigate your issue in greater detail.