Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hostchecker windows firewall xp sp3 and vista sp1 not recognized

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hostchecker windows firewall xp sp3 and vista sp1 not recognized

Hi all,

Is this a known issue that a simple host check windows firewall rule does not work on either vista sp1, xp sp3.

"Firewall listed in security requirements is not installed" even when I accepted all firewall products in the host checker rule.

thanks!

Maarten.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hostchecker windows firewall xp sp3 and vista sp1 not recognized

Our Knowledge Base says yes:

From 6.0r7 Release Notes

18. EndpointIntegrity - We now support Windows XP SP3 and Vista SP1 OS checks in Host Checker.
(58010)

Found at http://kb.pulsesecure.net using your post subject as the search string.

Regards,

-Keith

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Keith,

I still do not manage to get passed my 'all firewalls are good' hostchecker rule with vista sp1 or xp sp3.

i'm running the latest ive build from feb 09 and all my clients are restricted windows users.

any idea if i'm doing something (trivially) wrong?

Thanks,

Maarten.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Which precise version are you using? There are several supported major versions.

Which ESAP version are you using?

Ray

Highlighted
Super Contributor

for XPsp3 clients connecting to sslvpn running 6.3R3(13881), Host check for Windows Firewall works. And if you enable 'Turn On Firewall' under the Remediation section, the sslvpn will re-enable the Windows Firewall.

I have not verified the functionality with Vista (I don't have a vista machine to check).

Stine

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

thanks for all your comments! I redid the setup and it works out-of-the-box, incl vista sp1. dont know what I did wrong.

cheers,

Maarten.