cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I automatically shutdown Junos Pulse on logout

rberry_
New Contributor

How do I automatically shutdown Junos Pulse on logout

I'm converting my NetConect users to Pulse, but find managing the Pulse client difficult.  How do I get the Pulse Client to auto shutdown when the users logout?

Aplogies if I've overlooked a setting or FAQ. I did search Juniper's site, and the Internet for an answer first.

12 REPLIES 12
NateK_
Contributor

Re: How do I automatically shutdown Junos Pulse on logout

AFAIK Pulse will shutdown the session once the user logs out of Windows.

I could be wrong about that but we haven't run into this in our use of Pulse. Will see if I can do a test to verify if this is or is not true.

NateK_
Contributor

Just did a test and the following was true:

Login to a system as myself, login to Pulse

Logout of Windows, login as local administrator, login to Pulse as myself

Logout of WIndows, login as myself and Pulse is still running

Looks like Pulse stays running across user logouts in Windows.

Not sure how you would go about changing this behavior aside from training users to logout of Pulse before leaving Windows or some other more esoteric Pulse setting on the IVE.

jayLaiz_
Super Contributor

Hi,

Are you talking about the pulse automatically reconnecting whehn users sign out of the browser.

If it is the same issue,this issue is not seen in 7.3r3 and 7.4r1 pulse i.e pulse 3.1r3 and 4.0r1.

Thanks,

Jay

NateK_
Contributor

I was testing Pulse 3.0.4 for the record so this would make sense.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

how are you logging out: disconnect from the Pulse client or web?

are you seeing that Pulse is showing as already logged in or "just" running and still requiring you to login?

NateK_
Contributor

Not sure if is directed at me or the OP.

In my test I did what a user might do - logout of Windows without telling Pulse to disconnect or exit.

When I signed in to Windows as a different Windows user and went to Pulse I am prompted to log in and then informed that I already have a session running (since I logged in as myself to Pulse in each Windows profile).

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Hi NateK

Were you told that Pulse was already running with a connected session on the PC OR that you already had a session on your IVE/MAG?
The latter is correct as there is no disconnect until you as a user or admin terminate the session; the former should not be happening.
NateK_
Contributor

Session notice was from the IVE when after I authenticated in Pulse. Pulse itself showed nothing as far as connected/disconnected

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Hi NateK,

Thank you for the confirmation. Yes, that is expected: if the session does not terminate by the user or admin, an existing session warning will be given at login. This would happen if you logged in from the same PC or a different PC.