cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I connect to pulse secure client via NordVPN?

Api568

I am using a router which is configured to use NordVPN using openvpn as I want to hide my location. I have connected my work laptop to this router and I can see network lines but I can't connect anymore to pulse client. Is it bec we are not allowed to use 2 vpn connections? Is there any other solution? 

7 REPLIES 7
zanyterp

Re: How do I connect to pulse secure client via NordVPN?

i would not expect two VPNs to run concurrently
what message do you see when you connect the pulse client?
Mariotto
New Contributor

Hi,

I also have router setted with nordvpn and pc with pulsesecure. 

I can conntect with both vpn, nevertheless each 2 minuts pulse secure status starts to say: security connection and right away security compliance and then connected again. After 2 minuts the same, so it is very hard work with both vpn. 

Any recoomendation? Or any openvpn capatibible with pulse secure?

Thanks so much

Mariotto
New Contributor

Hi,

I have nordvpn on my router and pulse on my pc. 

I Can conntect both vpn but each 2 minuts pulse status starts "checking compliance" and then get connected again. This is happen each 2 mimutes.

Any advice to fix that or anyother openvpn that is more suiteable for pulse?

Thanks

lupus89
New Contributor

In my case Pulse Secure does not see any internet conection and is not even trying to connect...

lupus89
New Contributor

In my case Pulse does not even try to connect since Pulse doesn't see any network available. Is it possible to solve it?

zanyterp

@Mariotto: can you confirm if you have anything dropping the tcp connection? the pulse client will check in with the server every two minutes; if anything drops/interferes with that, it will fail and require re-login.
can you expand on what you mean by "any openvpn compatible with pulse secure", please? i can confirm there is no expectation of having two vpns running simultaneously. i can also confirm that, if the admin enables it, you can use any ikev2 client with the appliance.
zanyterp

@lupus89: are you seeing other applications not connect?
i would recommend opening a case with your IT team so a case can be opened with our support team as that is not something we have seen yet.