Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync SA700 and MAG2600

SOLVED
kristof_kad_
Occasional Contributor

How to sync SA700 and MAG2600

Hello! We are using MAG2600 to provide VPN access to our network. But we also have an old appliance (SA700) that we had to used in the past. I know that i can't create a cluster of 2 different hardware devices (such as MAG2600 and SA700), but i want to know it there any way to sync data between them automatically? Because for now i have to copy users and new rules from MAG2600 to SA700 manually (SA700 is still working just to have a "backup" vpn appliance in case when MAG2600 fail). Will be happy for any advices.

Best regards,

Andrei.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Re: How to sync SA700 and MAG2600

the push configuration option is part of the advanced feature license and is not available on the SA700.

the best way to keep the devices in sync is through binary use.cfg export & import

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

you are welcome; hope it helped.
doitsolutions_
New Contributor

Hi kristof_kad,

as long as u keep the same IVE version in sync you should try the Push Configuration Feature. You can choose what to sync by selecting different configuration parts, just like an XML export. Look it up in the Admin Guide for further details. It doesn't state that you can not use it on different plattforms.

regards

doitsolutions

kristof_kad_
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot for explanation!

Best regards,

Andrei.

kristof_kad_
Occasional Contributor

Hi doisolutions,

Both devices are running 7.4R6 (build 27757).

By the way, does SA700 support "Push Config" function? Because in MAG2600 i can see such function and i can set mag2600 as a target, but i can't see such option in SA700 control panel. And whe i was trying to Push config into SA700 i've recieved the folowing resut:

Regards,

Andrei.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

the push configuration option is part of the advanced feature license and is not available on the SA700.

the best way to keep the devices in sync is through binary use.cfg export & import

View solution in original post