cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Host Checker to check the existence of a smart card on client-side?

xiangxin_
Occasional Contributor

How to use Host Checker to check the existence of a smart card on client-side?

Hi,there

I am encountering a problem on how to real time (at least 1 minute) check the existence of a smart card on client-side.Actually my propose is to check the existence of some files that stored in the smart card.But it's not like the Windows XP' s environment value like %APPDATA% %windir%,I don't konw how to quote the smart card drive in Host Checker of a SA. Appreciate your helping.

2 REPLIES 2
cbarcellos_
Regular Contributor

Re: How to use Host Checker to check the existence of a smart card on client-side?

You'd need to know the drive letter so that you can search for the files. the %variables% are maintained by the windows operating system. if you stored the user's drive letter in LDAP you could query it that way. You might want to look for another way to verify the user with hostchecker since the users drive letters will not be consistant.

xiangxin_
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to use Host Checker to check the existence of a smart card on client-side?

Yeah,you're definitely right,the users' Smart Card drive letters will not be consistant.Unfortunately,they don't have any LDAP neither.But this is the client's primary demand.They need the VPN cuts off when the Smart Card be drawn out.I know our HC can do this,such as Machine Certificate.But the client's certificate isn't Machine Certificate,it's User Certificate,and it's been stored in the Smart Card.I have tried to HC the User Certificate related registry and temporary file.but failed since the variable name is not consistent too.

Now I find out an unskillful solution,You know,the all letters are total 26.I exhaustive attack it.

Expecting other opinions and solutions. Thanks a lot!