Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IC4000 Base System with No License Installed

SOLVED
arslan.nawaz_
Contributor

IC4000 Base System with No License Installed

I have IC4000 with no license installed. That is "ic - (0 users )". What features and configuration options available on device without the license.

The UAC option in administrator menu is also not working. What is the reason and how I can use UAC option in admin menu so I can configure the Infranet Enforcer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kalagesan_
Super Contributor

Re: IC4000 Base System with No License Installed

Hi,

Please find the answers inline:

1. I have IC4000 with no license installed. That is "ic - (0 users )". What features and configuration options available on device without the license.

You will get only role and realm opions and basic IC confguration options with no license on IC device

2. The UAC option in administrator menu is also not working. What is the reason and how I can use UAC option in admin menu so I can configure the Infranet Enforcer?

UAC functinalities , i.e both Layer 2 ( radius, dot.1 x authenthentication ) and layer 3 access ( adding firewall to IC for managing protected resource access) will be availble only with "advanced feature license" or by adding "Add simultaneus endpoint "licenses.

Hope this helps.

NOTE:
Please mark this post as 'accepted solution' if this answers your question that way it might help others as well, a kudo would be a bonus thanks!!

Regards,

Kannan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kalagesan_
Super Contributor

Hi ,

I understand that your query is regarding IC 4000, please post the query in UAC forum page:

The UAC forum link is given below

http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Identity-and-Policy-Control/bd-p/UnifiedAccessControl

Regards,

Kannan

kalagesan_
Super Contributor

Hi,

Please find the answers inline:

1. I have IC4000 with no license installed. That is "ic - (0 users )". What features and configuration options available on device without the license.

You will get only role and realm opions and basic IC confguration options with no license on IC device

2. The UAC option in administrator menu is also not working. What is the reason and how I can use UAC option in admin menu so I can configure the Infranet Enforcer?

UAC functinalities , i.e both Layer 2 ( radius, dot.1 x authenthentication ) and layer 3 access ( adding firewall to IC for managing protected resource access) will be availble only with "advanced feature license" or by adding "Add simultaneus endpoint "licenses.

Hope this helps.

NOTE:
Please mark this post as 'accepted solution' if this answers your question that way it might help others as well, a kudo would be a bonus thanks!!

Regards,

Kannan

View solution in original post

arslan.nawaz_
Contributor

Thanks.....

Means I must have a license to use 802.1x or Layer-3 Firewall for policy enforcement with IC4000.

kalagesan_
Super Contributor

Hi Arslan,

Yes, your understanding is correct.

Regards,

Kannan