cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Address Conflicts?

Caribbeancruzer_
New Contributor

IP Address Conflicts?

I have a situation that I am struggling to find a solution for. Our internal network uses 192.168.1.x/24 address space and this is causing connectivity issues. As we all know many home routers, hotels and other public access areas use this same address space. If any of our users try to connect back to the SSL and access exchange for example on the 192.168.1.x space the connection fails. I have tried different split-tunnel policies to no avail. Any suggestions would be much appreciated on how to get users to connect back to exchange in this setup.

4 REPLIES 4
SonicBoom_
Regular Contributor

Re: IP Address Conflicts?

i had a similar issue with one of my remote sites and i had to add a new resource profile under wsam destinations.

you can also try pointing to it using the hostname instead of IP but then you would need to make sure there is a DNS entry for it

Caribbeancruzer_
New Contributor

I did not have any success with the WSAM option, outlook already tries to resolve by dns name (mail.domain.com). I added both the IP and the DNS name. What is the best split tunnel option to select for this, I am new to the SSL VPN so having a hard time wrapping my head around some of this.Smiley Tongue

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

You may need to have split-tunneling disabled to force all traffic through your LAN.

Otherwise, you may be able to get it to work if you have IVE DNS servers first in the split tunneling option; but with the overlap, the access may still fail because the packet as two ambiguous routes to go.

SonicBoom_
Regular Contributor

i am a little confused now, you state that outlook tries to resolve to mail.domain.com, yet that is similar to what we use for our webmail access.

shouldnt outlook resolve to your exchange servers directly?