cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a Verisign certificate

Highlighted
New Contributor

Importing a Verisign certificate

What are the steps for setting up an SA-4000 with a Verisign certificate for the external side?

I have already created the CSR and Verisign has sent me a certificate. But the Verisign website says you must import an intermediate certificate first then the root certificate for an ApacheSSL device. Can you have more than one certificate?

Is the private key included in the Verisign public key by viture of sending them the CSR?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Importing a Verisign certificate

In this case, yes. The intermediate certificate has nothing to do with the certificate you bought. It allows the certificate you bought to be recognized properly.

IE doesn't seem to care but Firefox will give a certificate error if you have not imported the intermediate certificate. On the Device Certificate page you'll see a link to import the intermediate certificate. Also see http://www.verisign.com/support/advisories/page_040611.html

Ray

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Importing a Verisign certificate

Thanks. This makes sense now. I had looked at Verisign's site and their instructions were more for a Linux server. Once I knew where to look and poked around in the IVE interface - I get it!

I'll write up the change paperwork and have it...