Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant Virtual Systems (IVS) LIMITS

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Instant Virtual Systems (IVS) LIMITS

Hello,

I have a new poyect to install a SA4500 to provide SSL-VPN to different customers and I need to Know how many IVS can I configure in one SA4500 and SA6500?, I need configure many IVS because I have many customers.

If somebody have any other idea to deploy it please tell me.

Thanks for all

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Instant Virtual Systems (IVS) LIMITS

I would not recommend that you use IVSs. Juniper has announced that the Pulse client will not work with IVSs, and in general is making noises that no new development will be done for IVSs. They have recommended to us that we consider the new virtual systems hosted on a VMWare device.

If you do implement IVSs, Juniper has recommended to me that I implement no more than 16. See p. 885 of the 6.5 Admin Guide.

Ken

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

The problem with de Virtual System is that the minimum license is for 2500 user and without IVS. This is a problem because without IVS I can not diferrenciate clientsand delegate admin for each IVS

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi,

Do 1 need 2 x IVS license for a pair of SA in Active/Passive mode?
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Just one license for a cluster.
But as has been mentioned, no more than 16 are recommended if you MUST use them. It is better to not use this feature as neither the MAG appliances nor Junos pulse are supported for IVS
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello Guys,

I need your help here.

I have an SA 4500. on version 7.4 do i need a license to enable IVS on the SA?

Highlighted
Contributor

Forget it..

Yes - you would have required an extra license, but afaik IVS is already end of sale.

Ate

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Yes, it is a separate license.
however, as aterockz stated, the IVS functionality is EOL (I can't comment on if it can be purchased for the older systems that support it). What is the use case you were looking at wanting to use IVS with?