cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instructions on how to configure ProperJavaRDP

muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Re: Instructions on how to configure ProperJavaRDP

Hi Kifah - I have a very stupid question. I am learning both the advanced features of the SSL VPN box and also having to learn to deal with Java code and HTML code, neither of which I had any experience with prior to having to take over our SSL VPN practice.

I am trying to build some basic Java applets and using this ProperJavaRDP seems like a good place to start. I notice in the string that you reference the "java-getopt-1.0.11.jar" file.

I can't seem to find this file in any of the the Sourceforge zip listings, nor by doing any type of web search. SO! Two questions. What does this file contain, and where / how do I find it.

Sorry for the total newbie question, just trying to get my arms around the Java side of all this.

geff-at-pier64-c
Occasional Contributor

I was able to use this (java-getopt-1.0.13):

http://www.urbanophile.com/arenn/hacking/download.html

Geff

muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Thanks - worked great!
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Geff - one other question for you - I am having issues with variables passing. I have followed the scripts shown in this thread but neither my password or domain are being passed. My NT user ID is being passed but that is it: Following is the code I have in place:

<param name="username" value="<<USERNAME>>">
<param name="password" value="<<PASSWORD>>">
<param name="domain" value="<<YOURDOMAIN>>">

I can substitute the value of PASSWORD or YOURDOMAIN with the explicit value but the variable does not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

geff-at-pier64-c
Occasional Contributor

Kevin,

I haven't had any success on that front. I have yet to see anything in the help screens that actually lists the variables that are substituted. I'm on 6.0R5. But the only thing that indicates that <<USERNAME>> is something that is translated is the example on the configs. (As far as I can tell). I was unable to get something like: geometry <<WIDTH>>x<<HEIGHT>> to work. And seems that the java applet only takes a geometry param vs an actual width height. If you find the list with the available variables, please do share the info.

Geff

muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Geff - thanks for the quick reply - I will be playing with this some more tomorrow and will let you know if I dig anything up.

Kifah_
Occasional Contributor

Hello Kevin,

this example works for me:

<applet code="net.propero.rdp.applet.RdpApplet.class"
codebase="<< CODEBASE >>"
archive="properJavaRDP-1.1.jar,log4j-java1.1.jar,properJavaRDP11-1.1.jar,properJavaRDP12-1.1.jar,properJavaRDP13-1.1.jar,properJavaRDP14-1.1.jar,java-getopt-1.0.11.jar"
width="640" height="480"
name="ProperJavaRDP" align="top">
<param name="code" value="net.propero.rdp.applet.RdpApplet.class">
<param name="codebase" value="<< CODEBASE >>">
<param name="archive" value="properJavaRDP-1.1.jar,log4j-java1.1.jar,properJavaRDP11-1.1.jar,properJavaRDP12-1.1.jar,properJavaRDP13-1.1.jar,properJavaRDP14-1.1.jar,java-getopt-1.0.11.jar">
<param name="cabbase" value="">
<param name="name" value="ProperJavaRDP">
<param name="width" value="640">
<param name="height" value="480">
<param name="align" value="top">
<param name="server" value="10.1.75.110">
<param name="port" value="3389">
<param name="username" value="<<USER>>">
<param name="password" value="<<PASSWORD>>">
<param name="domain" value="ACMEGIZMO">
<param name="bpp" value="24">

<<USER>> means that the SA paste the loginname from the SA session to the terminalserve, same with the password. If you want to use a static username and password you must use the format which you can see for the domain name.

For the screensize you need both values. First in the in the applet code and second as param. Don't ask me why :-) I'm not a java programmer. This code works for me on several IVE versions.

Greetings

Kifah

geff-at-pier64-c
Occasional Contributor

Kifah,

I noticed that width and height were ignored in the current version. And that it only took a param named "geometry". Seems that the default width / height was 640 / 480. I was forced to use:

<param name="geometry" value="1024x768">

And the SA would not substitute when I tried to use the value="<<WIDTH>>x<<HEIGHT>>". The resulting html was value="x".

Geff

muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Hi Kifah - thanks for sharing the code again - I found it to be of great help. My problems are twofold:

#1- Domain - if I hardcode with the domain name then it works just fine - was trying to pass a variable - but this is really a minor issue - don't care 2 much.

#2 - Password - can't make this variable work - use the code exactly as shown but it is always blank - User gets passed just fine - but no password

Any ideas? I am about ready to do a packet capture and see if I can tell why it fails.

Thanks!

Kifah_
Occasional Contributor

Hi Geff,

the IVE can't substitute <WIDTH> because WIDTH isn't a session value. <XYZ> are allways session variables.

Hi Kevin,

do you use the <PASSWORD> variable at other points? For example in a ressource profile with terminal services?

I only know two situations were this variable is empty. Anonymous Authentication and One time password use (RSA or Radius with OTP).

Greetings

Joern