cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with username Xiao

ehn08_
New Contributor

Issues with username Xiao

When a user with the name Xiao in their username logs onto our SSL SA device, they can log on successfully and get the correct roles, but when clicking any Terminal Server Session link, the browser stops at the following screen:

Please wait...

Launching Terminal Services Session. This may take several minutes.

Nothing happens from there. The realm is authenticating using AD, and the user has the same permissions as all other users who can successfully launch their TS sessions. I have tried deleting and recreating the account, giving the user full admin rights, trying from multiple computers with different OS's, but the same thing happens. I tried creating 2 more accounts, called xiao.remote and just xiao, and the same thing happens for them. If I copy the account and call it something other than xiao, it works.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Re: Issues with username Xiao

Did you run a policy trace on the user to see what happens from the perspective of the SA box as it deals with this user?
ehn08_
New Contributor

Yes, and it just shows that all the correst roles are assigned. It doesn't indicate anything about why the Terminal Session doesn't launch properly when clicked.
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Hmm - I hate to say this, but if it were me I would probably run two packet captures from the SA box. The first on a good user, the second on Xaio and look at the authentication step. See what looks different - what is not getting passed or returned.

Hopefully somebody smarter than I has a better suggestion.

ehn08_
New Contributor

Upon further investigation, I've discovered that the SA box does not like user names starting with the letter X. I created several accounts called Xray, Xylophone etc, and all of them had this same problem. However, as soon as I change the user name (eg change Xray to Rxay), the issue did not occur.

I'm going to raise an issue with Juniper to see if this is a known problem.

muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

For what it is worth - I tried this out this morning. I setup a local and a domain user called XRay - logged in with both ID's and launched a standard IVE Terminal Services session with no problems.

Running 6.3R1-1, build 13563

ehn08_
New Contributor

It might have been an issue that was fixed in a newer version, as we are running 6.0R3.1 (build 12507).

In any case, Juniper are now testing the issue in their labs.