Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSAM does not Launch on macOS Catalina 10.15 when you use mobile hotspot

Highlighted
New Contributor

JSAM does not Launch on macOS Catalina 10.15 when you use mobile hotspot

Hi experts,

Does anybody face this issue, If not I think you have never tried it hence you might not have faced this issue.

I have updated my MacOS to catlina 10.15. Since then JSAM does not launch when my Mac is connected to Mobile hotspot. Whereas this issue doesnt occur if Mac is connected to any wifi (private/public). Yes it is strange. 

JSAM does not Launch on macOS Catalina 10.15 if Mac is connected any mobile hotspot.

Do you have the same issue? do you have any solution?

May Pulse Secure technical team needs to try and help MacOs catalina user.

Thanks,

Harsha Angadi

3 REPLIES 3

Re: JSAM does not Launch on macOS Catalina 10.15 when you use mobile hotspot

How the mobile hotspot connection was treated in macOS catalina? USB tethering? My understanding is the mobile hotspot will be utilized as Wi-Fi connection, correct? Is it not the case?

Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

Finally I managed to solve this issue, issue was with IP6 address. Whenever I connect to my mobile hotspot I was getting IP4 and IP6 addresses in TCP/IP connection. Thats due to my mobile APN is having setting as APN protocol to IP4/IP6. This was assigning two IPs. One IP4 address and another corresponding IP6 address. Hence my employer side they were blocking if there are two connections on the host. Hence JSAM host checker was failing to launch.

Solution: I created new APN in my mobile with APN protocol to IP4. Then JSAM host checker was able to launch and I am able to connect to my workplace.

Regards,

Harsha Angadi

Thank you for letting us know about the fix @hjangadi
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert