Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUNOSE PULSE with IPHONE Certificate Warning

SOLVED
aeroplane_
Regular Contributor

JUNOSE PULSE with IPHONE Certificate Warning

Hi Experts

I just configured my SSL VPN and JUNOS pulse on Apple Phone and its working fine. I just to ask:

1- When I connect JUNOS PULSE, it is showing the certificate warning each time, How I can install the Root Certificate for the SSL VPN device certificate on Apple Phone and where I have to import this certificate in JUNOS PULSE on apple phone?

2- Is it possible that, JUNOSE PULSE on IPhone would be authenticated by Certificate not by user name and password?

3- I want to configure the outlook on IPHONE to use my company internal mail server to recieve/send emails? But my question is that should mails come automatically or each time user have to connect the JUNOS PULSE

Looking forward for the reposne

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Re: JUNOSE PULSE with IPHONE Certificate Warning

1- When I connect JUNOS PULSE, it is showing the certificate warning each time, How I can install the Root Certificate for the SSL VPN device certificate on Apple Phone and where I have to import this certificate in JUNOS PULSE on apple phone?

>>>>[z]You need to install it on the iPhone; you can do this as a credential through iPhone Configuration Utility OR put the certificate somewhere that can be downloaded and installed

2- Is it possible that, JUNOSE PULSE on IPhone would be authenticated by Certificate not by user name and password?

>>>>>[z]Yes; you can do this through iPhone Configuration Utility. If you do not want to use VPN on-demand, you may be able to just install the certificate, configure the URL, and enable certificate use.

3- I want to configure the outlook on IPHONE to use my company internal mail server to recieve/send emails? But my question is that should mails come automatically or each time user have to connect the JUNOS PULSE

>>[z]If you want to use your internal server, you will need to have the VPN up all the time. Otherwise, you can use the authorization only URL to proxy ActiveSync connections.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

>>>>[z]You need to install it on the iPhone; you can do this as a credential through iPhone Configuration Utility OR put the certificate somewhere that can be downloaded and installed

>>>>>[z]Yes; you can do this through iPhone Configuration Utility. If you do not want to use VPN on-demand, you may be able to just install the certificate, configure the URL, and enable certificate use.

>>[z]If you want to use your internal server, you will need to have the VPN up all the time. Otherwise, you can use the authorization only URL to proxy ActiveSync connections.

View solution in original post

aeroplane_
Regular Contributor

Thanks Dear.It means for the certificate based authentication, I need to install two certificate on IPHONE

1- Root Certificate

2- Machine Certificate for IPHONE

My qestion is that:

1- Could you please refer some line how to install the certificate on the IPHONE

2- In JUNOS Pulse Configuration, How I can specifiy that this is the Root Certificate and this is the machine certificate for authentication?

Really apprecaited your respone.

Thanks

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

You are welcome, glad to help.

There is no need to specify root vs user certificate; the iOS device will handle that itself (the certificate will identify itself as either a root or user certificate).

In Junos Pulse, you specify the certificate to use by choosing the certificate option and then the certificate you want to use from there.

The certificates can be installed through iPhone Configuration Utility (for sure will work); or the certificate can be made available on a web server/email and users can install it from there.

aeroplane_
Regular Contributor

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

1- I manged to install root certificate on the IPHONE but again it is giving the warning error "The certificate for this server is invalid. Tap Accept to connect to this server anyway"

2- Then I installed the client certificate on the IPHONE and selected in the JUNOS PULSE configuration and in the SSL VPN configuration I created the certificate server and select it under the IPHONE realm. Now it is giving me the error "The server certificate is invalid"

Although I tested both client and root certificate on the PC using browser.

Could you please mention what I am missing?

Thanks