cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper RDP across multiple screens

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Juniper RDP across multiple screens

Got a request from one of my users asking if they could launch the Juniper RDP client across multiple screens/monitors.

I know there is a way when running RDP through a command prompt (adding /span or something along those lines), but since I cannot connect through the command prompt I didnÕt know how or if this can be done.

Has anybody ever done this?

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Juniper RDP across multiple screens

I do not believe this is possible with the SSL VPN client. You should bring this up to your SE though, I agree that it would be a nice feature to have. Your SE can file a FR (feature request) on your behalf.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

well stating the obvious here but you can setup a wsam or jsam policy and route all 3389 traffic through it and than use the command prompt to launch on multiple screens Smiley Happy but i agree open this up with your SE i will do the same

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Also, keep in mind that in a situation where a user has two+ monitors of different sizes, the Juniper RDP client will use the geometry of the primary display, not that from which the browser/rdp client was launched, if you have the bookmarks configured for 'full-screen'.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Have you been able to get this to work? When I try it the screen just goes blank. Do you do anything special besides setting up a JSAM connection?

Highlighted
Super Contributor

If you have a 5gig background image, it will take some time to load. In my case, I rdp to a bunch of Dell servers that have the Dell PowerEdge logo as the default background.. on my 1.5Mbit DSL using an nvidia card, the screen stays grey until the entire image has downloaded.

If you enable policy tracing, it may give you a better idea of what's happening.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

It is currently not possible, as cbarcellos stated.
Multiple monitors can only be done through SAM or Pulse/Network Connect using the client on the pc.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Also, the HOB premium java applet can provide this, if enabled in the HTML on the TS bookmark, and is set to always be used.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

FYI we've had a Request For Enhancement open for this for several years now but still to no avail.Adding a few more may help but it sounds like Juniper have prioiritised this one as 'not important' or perhaps 'too hard' (although I doubt it - surely it's just a switch you pass to the Microsoft RDP ActiveX control?)

It's a seemingly simple change so I'm not sure why it hasn't been implemented yet. Personally speaking and from the outside looking in, it appears Juniper are not all that interested in making any changes to the client interface or adding relatively simple end-user enhancements like this. How about native RDP/ICA support for Mac OSX? OSX is still a decidedly 2nd-class citizen with IVE, despite it's rapid uptake at home for personal use (where the majority of our RAS access comes from). Java is OK but not as fast as native and not without its own set of problems (have yet to see what the experience is like on Lion, which will be the first OS to ship without a native JVM from Apple I believe).

Ok enough of my griping, our alternative solution has been to use the HobLink JWT Java applet - not free but it does support multi-monitor mode just fine.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

zanyterp, is there any documentation out there to describe how to setup multiple monitors with the HOB applet?