As many of you know, there was an issue with Windows 10 and Pulse Secure with Juniper SRX's as noted https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=TSB17441&actp=METADATA
Traffic loss will exhibit the following characteristics:
This was an issue with version 5.x, among others (we normally stayed on 5.3.3)
Great news that version 9.1R2 fixes this issue, which I've tested if a laptop is wired in, or on wifi. Where the issue comes in is if a laptop has a cellular card built in. We have duplicated this with multiple laptops. There is one difference though with 9.1r2, traffic isn't hitting the SRX.
Also, it should be noted that I tested with my cell phone acting as a hotspot, and do not have any issues (same cell carrier) as the laptop is connecting to the cell via wifi (not with cellular card).
I thought I'd reach out to the forums and see if anyone has experienced this, and if you were able to tweak something to get it to work.
I wanted to update, downgraded to 9.0r4 and would experience the same as running 5.x. Sometimes it would work over cellular, sometimes it wouldn't, but at least sometimes it would work. With 9.1r2 it does not work over cell anytime.
I also wanted to clarify my previous statement of traffic not hitting the SRX. I meant VPN traffic is not hitting the SRX, but the VPN connection is establishing.
Please disable the Let Windows manage this connection option by following the below path and see if it helps.
Network and Internet > Cellular > Disable the option 'Let Windows manage this connection"