Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper SSL VPN Rollback

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Juniper SSL VPN Rollback

Is it normal to lose all configuration when using the roll back?

Test box

Current - 8.0

Rollback 7.4

Production Box

Current - 8.0

Rollback - 8.0

Our production environment runs 8.0 with a rollback of 8.0.  We have to go back to 7.4 in production because of rendering issues in 8.0 with iOS.  To alleviate the loss of configuration we have exported the user account from the 8.0 production box.

We can succesfully import the data into the our 8.0 test but when we use the rollback feature we lose all configuration. 

Not sure what we are missing and the steps came straight from Juniper support. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Juniper SSL VPN Rollback

Yes. It even indicates on the rollback page that all configuration will be lost when performing a rollback to a previous versions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Yes. It even indicates on the rollback page that all configuration will be lost when performing a rollback to a previous versions.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

My understanding is Rollback takes you back to the exact state (version and config) prior to the upgrade.

So it is not downgrading you current config to 7.4 but restoring a snapshot of the box taken at the time of upgrade.

I think your only option would be to downgrade the production box to 7.4 and restore your most recent 7.4 backup and then re-apply any changes made since that point.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I was under the same assumption because I read about a similar incident with a much older release of software when doing rollback.  I just figured the Juniper tech was describing new features in the latest versions of software with rollback.

Thank you for all of your responses.